Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Unanswered Prayers...

While I'm usually fairly good about not questioning the why's of things, okay, who am I kidding, I'm really bad about it...but I'm trying to get better (still working on that whole contentment thing!) I AM good at knowing that in due time God's time, all the why's become more than clear! Even all those unanswered prayers...or what we maybe just thought were unanswered prayers!

Awhile back I did a Not Me Monday, one of my favorite blogs to do by the way, just in case you were wondering...you weren't, oh sorry, well now you know! Anyway, it was this about God answering a prayer that I've been praying for years, and me being in denial about Him answering it simply because it wasn't in the exact manner I had been requesting! Imagine that, that He would do things His way rather than mine! Well, shortly after that post it became very clear, that that specific prayer was to still remain unanswered!

Now at the time, I met this with great frustration, as I had no understanding why it was to be this way. I try most times really hard to let most things go, and know that it's allready laid out for me, and no amount of worry I do, will change the course of any of it. But being human, and created to a fault, I can't help but question it sometimes. And question it, I did! Have I recieved answers, not really. Am I okay with that? Right now, yes. I've realized that as hard as is to not have this prayer answered, maybe I don't really want it answered! Of course someone else allready knows that, and maybe that's why for years, this certain prayer has remained unanswered.

As I write this I truly have no idea why this prayer is to remain unanswered but I know that for today I'm gratefull it isn't. I also know that someday it will become very apparent why it was never to be answered, someday maybe a month from now, it maybe five or ten years from now, all I can do is be patient and wait! And being patient is something I'm so very good at (insert large amounts of sarcasm here!!!) One thing I'm sure of is that I'm thankfull for both answered and unanswered prayers...

No comments:

Post a Comment