Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Change is Brewing

Wow, I haven't written a blog in awhile! I've REALLY missed Not Me Monday's the past few weeks (not that I have anything to confess or anything ;))! I feel like I have a ton of stuff swirling around in my head right now just waiting to spill out, so much so, that I'm afraid it won't even make any sense once I step back and look at it all laid out on paper, so bear with me on this one!

Change. Everyone faces change, big or small at some time. Change can be good or bad, depending on how you face it. I'm not really sure yet if people can change, I am sure that people can change their way of thinking, and their way's of believing. This year has thrown lots of change in my direction, and lots more to come. Some of it was very expected, some quite the opposite! Awhile back in a Not Me post, I wrote about being in denial about God answering a prayer I had been praying about for years, just because He wasn't answering it the way I was praying for it to be answered (as if I'm the one in control). Well, since things weren't going the way I thought they should be going, I was ready to write the WHOLE situation off, throw my hands up in the air, turn around and walk away, never to look back...funny how things work! Less than 24 hours later (I am not kidding!) the situation was literally dropped right back in my lap! I suppose walking away from this situation was not the change I need right now! And I have since tried to walk away once more, only to have it dropped right back in my lap once again! Apparently we are not as in control of the change that happens in our lives as we want to be (although, I already knew that).

I have recently made an unexpected change in one of my ways of thinking which was completely shocking to even myself! Not a huge change I suppose, but still, rather ground breaking you could say. I stepped outside of my comfort zone if you will for a moment to try something I had never tried before, and honestly never thought I would. ( NO it wasn't illegal, no, I'm not going to say here what it was). I guess the biggest thing I got out it was, don't judge a book but it's cover...cliche, I know!

The biggest change is yet to come later this year. It is a life changing change (no, I'm not having a baby, heaven help me if I was!), but until our entire family is made fully aware of what is, I'm not at liberty to post just yet what it is. But, we are expecting it, we are preparing for it, and we are excited about it! It's a change that I'm looking to with optimism, and hope!

1 comment: