Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Goodbye's Got Me Down

Ugh...I'm usually a pretty upbeat person, but today, I just feel, ugh! Know what I mean? The goodbye's have got me down! As a military wife you have more than your fair share of goodbye's, but they never really get any easier! With each new duty station that you relocate to comes new adventures, new places, new experiences, and new friends! But, that also means there comes a time when you have to leave all that behind and say goodbye.

We've been at our current location for six years, so you can imagine we've grown quite close to some of our friends here! Today I had to say goodbye to one of my very best friends that I've ever had (she to is a military wife, and it was her family's time to move on). As I stood in my front yard embracing her one last time, both of our eyes filled with tears, my head swirlled with all of the years of wonderfull memories that we will forever have stored in our hearts! And as hard as it is to have to say goodbye, I do realize how very blessed I am to have the chance to meet such wonderful people and make such amazing friends every few years! Although, the friends I've had to say goodbye to can never be replaced, there is some comfort in knowing that new friends are not far behind for us both.

So as much as I hate goodbye's, and as much as I tried to prepare myself for today, it really has been an emotional day that I've seen coming for months now, I've have just tried not to think about it! And to add to the ugh factor, tomorrow I have to say goodbye to my husband, as duty calls him elsewhere for awhile...so, ugh is right! Such is the life of a military wife, but you know what? I still wouldn't change it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment